The great hall at Ragley Hall. The baroque plasterwork was designed by James Gibbs in 1750.
Ragley Hall is the family home of the 9th Marquess and Marchioness of Hertford and the seat of the Conway-Seymour family.
The hall was designed in 1680 by Robert Hooke. It was completed in the 18th Century by James Gibbs who designed the Great Hall, the exceptional plasterwork in the main reception rooms and the impressive stable block in the 1750’s and James Wyatt who added the central portico in 1780.